Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of School!

Wow! The first day of school was crazy! It was so fun finally seeing all of the students in the classroom at one time. I was so nervous for the bell to ring. I felt like I wasn't prepared, nor responsible enough to be in charge of 26 five year olds! These were their parents babies! They were dropping them off for their first day of full day school. They were entrusting me to care for and watch over their cute little genius learners! WHAT HAD I GOT MYSELF INTO!? It was actually a really good day. I only made four little boys cry. I taught the entire class, the entire DAY long that the date was August 29th, (and it was really August 22nd). I left a little girl out at recess for 30 extra minutes because I thought she was eating lunch..but no..she was lost.. hungry..and extremely sunburned. I locked myself in the bathroom and cried before returning to my awaiting class. AND last but not least.. I let a little boy go to the bathroom and the rest of us were about to read a story on the carpet. I hadn't made it through even an entire page when I was abruptly interrupted by the bathroom door flinging open, hitting the tiled wall behind it, bouncing back and then returning with the left over force to hit the tiled wall one last time, as the boy screams with distraught panic, "DON'T START YET!!!". I know what you're thinking.. you're busy visualizing the door as it effortlessly swings back and forth into the tile..while I am busy visualizing the little boy with his pants AROUND HIS ANKLES! As a kindergarten team we came to the agreement that the first day of school would be merely getting to know you activities and routines and procedures. However, 26 five year olds and one very speechless 21 year old could have never conducted a get to know you activity like the one this cute little boy offered us this day! Teacher of the year?.. you decide!..Text YIKES to 55547 to cast your vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment