Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day Two

Today was a lot better! I didn't make anyone cry, I didn't see any little boy anatomy, and I didn't lose anyone! Today all I could think about was the conference talk that was given during the April 2011 Saturday morning session. The talk is entitled, Become As A Little Child, by Jean A. Stevens. I remember when I heard the talk that morning how much it hit me and as I have been preparing over the last few months to be a teacher I am constantly reminded of her sweet words and guidance. The talk encourages us to all see things the way a child would see them. To be excited like they would be excited. To love like they would love, and to live simply, like they would live. This week I have been so blessed to enjoy the joy and light that a little child has to offer. Today was seriously one of the most uplifting days of my life. Even though teaching and trying to not be frustrated is SO difficult. The cute and funny things these children say makes every second so worth it! Today a little girl interrupted me while I was in mid sentence in the front of the class and said, "Miss Faught, why are you wearing the same clothes as yesterday?" and for the record.. I wasn't.. okay fine.. I was wearing the same skirt! But it isn't that gross! EVERYONE DOES IT! But I had a totally different color shirt! It wasn't even in the same color family! Anyway, so i said, "I'm not wearing the same clothes." (with my guilty laugh) and she says, "Yeah, you wore that skirt yesterday, my mom says it is bad when I do that!"....YIKES! She wins, and never again will I wear that skirt! Ha ha ha. So then the day continues and we had just come in from lunch recess. I have the cutest little boy in my class! I'm not sure if you are supposed to pick favorites..but when do I ever follow the rules!? He is my favorite for sure! HE LOVES BUGS! Which is great for when I freak out and need some testosterone to come smash it with his shoe...but not so great when... I am passing out everyone's snack and I hear screams from a group of girls, you would have thought Barbie's head had fallen off...EXCEPT IT WAS WORSE!! This little boy was sitting on the rug with an escapee from The Guinness Book of World Record COCKROACHES in his hand! It was alive and he was holding it ever so gently under his thumb as if he didn't want to smash its cute and fragile body.. BUT I DID! I screamed so loud that I think I scared the little boy! It is really all a blur from that point on but I might remember picking the child up and taking him outside as he bid farewell to his new found friend! I then sent him to the sink and lets just say with all the soap I used we all should have invested in SoftSoap Crisp Cucumber and Melon. I then followed our hand washing session with 20 squirts of hand sanitizer. I know, you are all probably thinking I'm a nut job, but ironically enough, I think it was quite the bonding experience for him and I.. He told his mom he loves me! Ha ha ha! How can you not love these sweet and beautiful children! They bless my life daily and help me understand and see the Lords perfect tender mercies!

No comments:

Post a Comment